Gang Drags Cop Into Woods To Kill Him, Don’t See Police Dog Coming

0 Shares
Gang Drags Cop Into Woods To Kill Him, Don't See Police Dog ComingHancock County Sheriff's Office

A gang who targeted an officer from the Long Beach, Mississippi Police Department, with the intention to kill him, were stopped thanks to some well-timed back up from his partner – who happens to be a dog.

While on patrol Deputy Todd Frazier came across someone who appeared to be unconscious at the wheel of his car. When he went over to see if the driver was okay he was distracted by two other men who approached him.

It turned out it was a trap being sprung by a local gang who managed to subdue the officer and drag him into a forest with plans to ‘slit his throat’.

According to Goodfullness, Fraizer’s colleague, Chief Deputy Don Bass said:

They told him they were going to slit his throat, and they were dragging him toward the woods.

The gang members, however, did not account for the fact Frazier had some backup, it just came in the most unconventional form.

Posted by Todd Frazier on Wednesday, 21 March 2018

The ambushed police officer had a device on his belt which gave him access to open a dog cage where his canine back up, Lucas, was kept.

The brave dog must have known his partner was in mortal danger because as soon as Fraizer hit the button Lucas sprang into action.

Deputy Frazier said:

He knew. I could hear him coming. I couldn’t see anything because the blood was all in my eyes, but I could hear him coming, growling and making these sounds… he sounded like a wolf.

I thought, ‘Now he’s gonna get you.’.

Posted by Todd Frazier on Saturday, 2 August 2014

Lucas was successful in protecting Frazier’s life as he fought off the gang members, who all ran off.

Frazier recalled the moment his friend came to save his life, saying:

I had three people on me, and I’m not a very big man, and they basically whipped my butt. And luckily, thank God, I had Lucas here, and I had a button on my belt that I wear, and when I hit the button Lucas jumped out of the car and attacked all three of them and they ran away. That’s why he’s my hero.

Posted by Todd Frazier on Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Unfortunately, the two didn’t leave the attack without any injuries. Lucas tore a ligament and lost a couple of teeth while defending Deputy Fraizer. After the attack, he was taken to a vet where he has since made a full recovery.

As for Frazier, he was immediately taken to a hospital where he was treated for minor injuries. He too has made a full recovery and has been released from their care.

Sheriff Ricky Adam, who praised Lucas’ heroics, said they were unsure ‘how many he got’, all the department knew was ‘he had blood all over him’. Since saving Frazier’s life Lucas was rightfully rewarded with the department’s ‘Hero of the Year’ award.

Posted by Todd Frazier on Friday, 8 March 2013

In a statement from Chief Deputy Bass, he said:

We’ve been stressing this for months and months now. It’s no different from last week. We get a BOLO (be-on-the-lookout) from the state alerting us that the Black Gangster Disciples have put out an SOS, or Shoot on Sight, for police officers.

It hits us hard; it brings you to your knees. We’re not a large agency, and all these guys have families. The main thing for anybody is to go home safe. We want you to go home at night. But it could happen to any one of them. The threat is here and the possibility is real.

The danger might be real, but at least they have Lucas watching their backs.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via [email protected]