Girl Stung By Live Scorpion That Was Hidden In Tesco Bananas
What is it with Tesco and their tainted bananas? Every day there seems to be someone who has found a deadly creature in 1 of their 5 a day.
The latest news comes out of Crayford, Kent, but this time involves a girl being rushed to hospital after being stung by a live scorpion found inside a sealed pack of bananas from the store.
Kita Fitton was making packed lunches at work when she reached into her pack of bananas and suddenly felt a sharp pain in the end of her finger.
She quickly pulled her hand out of the bag, which was followed by a live scorpion (pictured above).
Doctors at A&E had no idea how to treat the 20-year-old, who was discharged with only pain medication and no sensation in her middle finger – which reportedly still hasn’t returned.
Miss Fitton spoke about the incident:
I’m a brave person, but it was really scary. It felt like a bee sting but at least 40 times worse. The pain was extortionate – it was so painful, I thought I was going to die at one point. It’s manageable now but I’m going to go back to hospital if it stays numb like this.
After complaining to Tesco, someone came to collect the packaging for investigation and offered to refund the 59p or whatever it was, which I found a bit insulting. Imagine if children had come into contact with it, it could have been so much worse.
Kita works at a home for young men who have learning difficulties, and is thankful that it was her making the packed lunches that day – as it is often the young boys who take up this task.
The scorpion was killed using her colleague’s shoe and was then sealed in a sandwich bag for evidence.