Graphic! This Farmer Nearly Died After Getting A Pitchfork Through His Head
This young Russian farmer had a seriously bad day at the office.
All lines of work have their own risks and dangers. Construction workers can fall off scaffolding and land on a spike. Office workers might spill their tea or get a poorly wrist from RSI. Farmers might pitchfork themselves in the face.
Aleksey Startsev was working on a farm when he had a freak accident.
He managed to get a pitchfork prong through his eye after it got tangled in a cows horn.
Medics say that Aleksey is lucky to be alive.
I was putting straw down for the cows when the pitchfork got tangled in one of the cow’s horns and then it shook its head.
It all happened so fast I remember being shocked and shouting for help and I tried to open my eye but I couldn’t. I thought I’d lost it.
Aleksey underwent treatment to have the prong removed, o which about 4 inches went into his head.
One of the medics said:
It was important to pull out the metal very carefully to prevent additional injuries from being caused.
It was also needed to carefully clean the wound, as it was a very dirty object, to eliminate further infection.
Topics: News, 'Biggest Funnel Web' Spider, 'Care' Reaction, 'Cosmic Killer' Black Hole, 'Hotels with Heart' Pilot, 'Legal' Drink, 'Missing Link', 'No-Knock' Raids, 'Physical Activity' Spike, 'Skull-Breaker' Challenge, (My) Truth: The Rape of 2 Coreys