A sequel to Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph has been rumoured for some time and now John C. Reilly says the film is officially on the way.
Reilly, who voiced the lead character in the 2012 movie, made an appearance at the Galway Film Fleadh yesterday and confirmed that he is signed on for Wreck-It Ralph 2.
The original film focuses on videogame character Ralph, who grows tired of always being the “bad guy” and seeks to change his programming and prove he has what it takes to be a hero.
And the news of a second incarnation doesn’t come as a huge shock, considering the significant commercial success of Rich Moore’s original film.
John C Reilly announced at the interview today that he has signed on for Wreck it Ralph 2!
— Penny Hart (@pennyrosehart) July 12, 2015
And Disney bloody love a sequel at the moment.
Last year, Frozen 2 was announced, and there’s believed to be a Big Hero 6 sequel in development too. Even Toy Story 4 is reportedly in the works.
Wreck-It Ralph 2 is expected to expand on the first film’s nods to famous videogames and characters, and Disney are said to be in discussions with Nintendo over licensing characters such as Mario & Luigi, and Link from Legend of Zelda.
Obviously, it’ll be a couple of years yet before we see Ralph and co- back on the big screen but we’re really excited about this one!
Experienced Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager, with over eight years working in social media, paid social, website management, blogging and marketing.