Exploding E-Cigarette Blows Man’s Teeth Out In Warning Tale For Vapers

0 Shares
AP

A German man has suffered facial injuries and lost a number of teeth after an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth.

According to the Daily Mail, the 20-year-old had put the device to his mouth to inhale, when the battery exploded, Cologne police reported.

He suffered severe injuries to his face including wounds to his mouth, and the explosion knocked out several teeth.

AP

According to The Local.de the incident occurred in a vape shop on Saturday afternoon, as the man was purchasing new parts for his e-cigarette.

However, this is just the latest in a series of incidents that have been reported involving e-cigarettes or vapes exploding and injuring users.

AP

Last week, mother-of-two Kirby Sheen from Salford was scarred for life after an e-cigarette exploded in her face and split her eyelid in two, reports the Daily Mail.

A report released in the UK earlier this week revealed that teenagers who use e-cigarettes are more likely to take up smoking a year later, while non-smokers who tried e-cigarettes were almost three times more likely to smoke cigarettes a year later compared with those who had never had an e-cigarette.

AP

A study published in the journal Tobacco Control found that in 2013 just under a third of over 2,300 students interviewed had used e-cigarettes, but a year later this number had risen by around six per cent.