Man ‘High On Crack’ Engulfed In Flames, Walks Street Like Everything Is Fine


A man allegedly smoking crack became a human fireball after accidentally setting himself ablaze as he stuffed a lighter in his pocket.

The bizarre incident, which took place in Brooklyn, New York City, saw the unidentified man walking down a street – seemingly unaware that his clothes were burning, DNAinfo reports.

The 30-second clip was recorded by Ziearre Flowers, 18, with his mother Aaronda explaining that they had just finished attending a church service when they noticed the burning man.


“The man lit himself on fire. I thought it was a tree burning. It was a small fire at first. I came to realise it was actually a man on fire,” she said.

When Ziearre ran out of the car, he didn’t quite know what to make of what was happening.

When the man comes into shot he’s already engulfed in flames. Ziearre moves closer to the victims and asks: “Hey, are you OK? Are you good?”

But the man ignores him and turns his face away. Becoming more concerned for the well-being of the man, Ziearre tries to grab his attention, but fails to do.


The burning man continues to walk back and forth, trying to put out the flames to no avail. The most distressing thing about the clip, is that not once does he scream in pain or even react to the perilous situation he finds himself in.

Emergency services were called to the scene, but the victim vanished by the time they arrived.

Fire marshals from the FDNY went back to the scene the next day to investigate and soon learned the man’s identity.

It turns out he had gone back home and fallen asleep, and when he woke up his shocked family saw the horrific burns and immediately took him to New York-Presbyterian Hospital Weill Cornell.

Recalling the harrowing incident, he told his family that he set himself on fire when he put a still-burning cigarette lighter in his pocket while smoking crack, DNAinfo reported.

He remains in a stable condition in hospital.