Parents Pay Tragic Tribute To Toddler Son Who Died After Choking On Grape

grape webMirror

The parents of two-year-old who died after choking on a grape in Pizza Hut have issued a heart-breaking tribute to him.

After choking on the grape, Jacob Jenkins later died at the Royal Victoria Infirmary in Newcastle, with his parents by his bedside.

His parents, Abigail Wilson and David Jenkins made the horrendous choice to turn their son’s life support off after medical advice, as locals released balloons in his memory.

grape kid2SWNS

His mother issued a tribute, and wrote on Facebook:

Jacob grew his angel wings at 7pm as people let off their balloons.

We chose this time to let him go as we knew everyone would be thinking of him and have him in their thoughts.

There was nothing we could do. Jacob died in mine and his dad’s arms with his family by his side.

We then went outside and released our own balloons.


There was also an outpouring of support on Twitter for the family, with many people expressing their well-wishers: