Rolf Harris has been released from prison after serving just three years of his sentence.
The former entertainer has now been released from Stafford Prison and will appear in court on bail for the remainder of his trial, which opened on May 15th.
Before now, the 87-year-old had been appearing by videolink at Southwark Crown Court, London where he is still on trial for a string of indecent assaults.
Judge Deborah Taylor said:
He (Harris) will no longer be appearing in the court via videolink and he will be attending what remains of his trial in person next week.
Harris is accused of indecently assaulting three teenage girls in the 1970s and 1980s.
The jury were told Harris had been previously convicted and sentenced for prior offences in 2014.
In separate allegations, the TV presenter stands accused of groping a 16-year-old girl after appearing on ITV’s Star Games in 1978 and allegedly telling her she was ‘a little bit irresistible.’
There are also allegations he touched a 13-year-old girl’s breast after filming a children’s TV programme, reportedly saying ‘Do you often get molested on a Saturday morning?’
The four charges of indecent assault span between 1971 and 1983 – all of which Harris denies.
The trial continues.