Student Sent Home Because She Wore This Outfit To School

0 Shares

Posted by Kelsey Paige Anderson on Sunday, 28 May 2017

A mother gave a teacher a piece of her mind after her daughter was sent home for an outfit she wore to school.

17-year-old Kelsey Paige Anderson was sent home from her high school in Missouri, US, after the teen was allegedly told by a teacher to wear clothing that complimented her chest size.

When her mother, Melissa Barber, heard about this, she immediately went on Facebook to call out both the school and the teacher.

This is the shirt that just got my 17 year old dress coded. The teacher said "your boobs are bigger than most girls, and…

Posted by Melissa Barber on Friday, 8 September 2017

Her daughter, who attends Joplin High School in Missouri was allegedly told by a teacher:

… Your boobs are bigger than most girls, and you are gonna have to try harder.

In her Facebook post Melissa wrote:

She really needs to not speak to my daughter like that. What is wrong with the way this child is dressed?

*Update* I received a call from the school about my daughter being sent to the office for a dress code violation. I…

Posted by Melissa Barber on Friday, 8 September 2017

In a second post, Melissa goes into detail regarding her daughter’s interaction with the teacher, claiming:

When my daughter asked why she was being sent to the office, this teacher told her ‘bustier women need to wear clothing that covers their cleavage.’

Plus size women need to dress accordingly.

Furthermore, Melissa points out the hypocrisy of the school’s clothing policy when she posted a picture of her daughter with a classmate who was dressed more casually.

Only one of these girls got dress code violated today. **Please Share**

Posted by Melissa Barber on Friday, 8 September 2017

There was a video post with another classmate who explained there was a male student with a t-shirt which reportedly said, ‘Our erections are harder, stronger and last longer’.

The student claims the t-shirt was seen by at least four teachers, all of whom said nothing to him.

So this happened when I arrived at Joplin High School to pick up my daughter for a dress code violation… *Please Share*

Posted by Melissa Barber on Friday, 8 September 2017

Despite the inappropriate remarks made by her teacher, Joplin High School have refused to criticise the member of staff and have even defended her comments.

Melissa, who has since removed her daughter from classes said:

I refuse to put my daughter in a situation where her self esteem is completely destroyed. She is there to learn.

This whole time she was missing out on an education while we were all sitting in a room discussing her boobs. How often does this happen to your sons?

Seems like another way to keep girls uneducated.

I just wanted to make a post to let everyone know who is messaging me and texting me, thank you for your kind words I…

Posted by Kelsey Paige Anderson on Saturday, 9 September 2017

The family is now taking legal action and in her latest post, Melissa has thanked everyone for their support.

She also revealed her attorney has advised her against ‘commenting further at this time’.

Melissa’s daughter Kelsey has also taken to Facebook and thanked everyone for their messages and texts of support.