Manchester Terror Attack Death Toll Rises To 22

by : UNILAD on : 23 May 2017 07:22

What is believed to have been a terrorist attack at Manchester Arena last night has now been confirmed as a suicide bombing by Greater Manchester Police.


The cowardly attack left at least 22 people dead, many of them under 18-years-old, and over 50 injured when the bomb went off as crowds began to leave an Ariana Grande concert at the arena.

In a statement issued by Chief Constable Ian Hopkins at 03:00am this morning, he said:

Currently we have 19 people confirmed to have lost their lives in the casualty. My thoughts are with those who are injured and have lost their lives. We are doing all we can to support them and their families.

An emergency number is available for all those concerned about their loved ones. That number is 0161 856 9400.

We are currently treating this as a terrorist incident.

As you will understand we are still receiving information.

Hopkins has this morning confirmed the attack was carried out by a male carrying an improvised explosive device which he detonated, killing himself and many others.


In the aftermath of the attack, GMP carried out an additional controlled explosion on what they believed to be a suspicious item – however it later turned out to be abandoned clothing.

UNILAD were live at the scene of this evening’s tragic events:

We’re live in Manchester following the explosion at the Arena

Posted by UNILAD on Monday, 22 May 2017

Greater Manchester Police released this update last night:

In the immediate aftermath of the incident, UNILAD spoke to a number of fans who were there at the time of the reported explosion.

Sebastian Diaz, 19, said:


Just finished and about to leave into the foyer and there was a massive bang, people stood still and panicked. We were going to go back but we got trapped and sprinted out. People didn’t know where to go and loads of young girls were crying.

Our thoughts go out to all those affected by this evening’s horrific incident.

Topics: Life, Sensitive