A teenager who almost died after taking drugs at Kendal Calling last weekend has revealed a harrowing image from when he was placed in a medically induced coma as a warning to others.
19-year-old Jordan Blackburn was one of nine people to fall seriously ill after taking tablets at the music festival in Cumbria on July 31.
His friend Christian Pay, 18, tragically died from suspected substance abuse at the four-day festival.
Eight others, including Jordan, needed hospital treatment after swallowing the deadly pills, which are believed to have been stamped with the Rolls Royce and Adidas logos.
Jordan posted the picture from his three-day hospital stay on Facebook, advising others to heed the warning and learn from his mistake.
Many lives over the weekend, not just those lost, but the families of those involved have been destroyed – including my own by the careless use of uppers at festivals, or any other time for that matter.
I really think I need to raise awareness and show people what the consequences are just off a little pill. I’m not telling people to like or share this post, just please read and think hard about what you’re putting in your body, or at least know what you’re putting in your body.
I’ve been lucky enough to have a second chance at life and I’m clinging to every part for me and Chris, so the most I can do is let people know the consequences they put themselves in and their family. Please be careful guys and share if you can just to let others know. Miss you mate, I’ll make you proud.
Cumbria Police said four people arrested on suspicion of possession of drugs with intent to supply at the festival had been released on bail.
Experienced Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager, with over eight years working in social media, paid social, website management, blogging and marketing.