Here’s The Last Words Of Russian ‘Rambo’ Who Called In An Airstrike On Himself
The courageous last words of the man known as the Russian ‘Rambo’, who famously wiped out ISIS jihadis by calling in airstrike on his location have been revealed.
The transcript of Alexander Prokhorenko’s final communications with Russian Special Forces have been released and reveal how the soldier found himself surrounded by ISIS ‘bastards’ and low on ammunition as he attempted to hold off gunfire, the Mirror reports.
Prokhorenko was reportedly ordered to get to safety before the air strike, but explained to his commander that he couldn’t escape the area demanding they ‘conduct the airstrike now’.
I am surrounded, they are outside, I don’t want them to take me and parade me, conduct the airstrike, they will make a mockery of me and this uniform.
I want to die with dignity and take all these bastards with me. Please my last wish, conduct the airstrike, they will kill me either way.
Before the bombs fell he said in trembling voice, that all his dreams had come true as he had ‘the best wife in the world’ and was serving the nation he loved.
In his last communication he said:
This is the end commander, thank you, tell my family and my country I love them. Tell them I was brave and I fought until I could no longer.
Please take care of my family, avenge my death, goodbye commander, tell my family I love them.
A spokesperson for the Russian military explained that an officer in the Russian special operations forces had been killed near Palmyra while carrying out a special task to direct Russian airstrikes at Islamic State group targets.
Reportedly Prokhorenko had spent a week carrying out combat tasks in Palmyra area, identifying crucial IS targets and passing exact coordinates for strikes with Russian planes.
The spokesperson said:
The officer died as a hero, he drew fire onto himself after being located and surrounded by terrorists.
The Russian government has remained tight lipped about having any ground forces involved in its campaign in Syria, which began on September 30.
Only last week an IS-linked media source said that five Russian special forces soldiers had been killed near Palmyra, publishing pictures from their phones and uploading a video showing a bloodied corpse.
However Dmitry Peskov, a Kremlin spokesman, denied that Russian officers were participating in the advance on Palmyra, saying that ‘the advance is carried out by contingents of the Syrian army’.