Three Popular YouTubers Die In Tragic Waterfall Plunge


Three popular YouTubers died this week (Tuesday, July 3) in what appears to be a waterfall swim gone tragically wrong.

Ryker Gamble, Alexey Lyakh and Megan Scraper, who vlog for YouTube channel High On Life reportedly lost their lives in an accident at Shannon Falls, in Canada. Ryker and Alexey, both 30 years old, were attempting to rescue 29-year-old Megan who slipped and was drawn into a strong torrent of water.

It remains unclear if the three vloggers were filming at the time of the incident.

Their tragic deaths were announced on Thursday, July 5 by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), after they confirmed three bodies were recovered from Shannon Falls, as reported by TIME. According to the report, three unnamed individuals were with a group of friends when they slipped and fell into a pool 30 metres below.

While the (RCMP) did not reveal the names, their identities were confirmed in a video tribute from members of High On Life.

In a heartbreaking and tearful video message, High On Life co-founder, Parker Heuser, paid tribute to his three friends. He stated:

There are truly no words that can be said to ease the pain and the devastation that we are all going through right now. They were three of the warmest, kindest, most driven and outgoing people that you could ever meet, and the world has lost a great deal of light with their passing.

The YouTube channel has also set up a GoFundMe to raise money for the families of Ryker, Alexey and Megan.

Their GoFundMe states:

If there’s something you’ve been dreaming of, today is a good day to take that first step, because if you can, you should.

Shannon FallWikipedia

Meanwhile in Thailand it was confirmed a former Navy Seal died while attempting to deliver supplies to the Thai football team who are trapped in a cave, Yesterday (July 6).

Petty Officer Saman Gunan lost consciousness on his way out of the cave, where he’d been delivering air tanks to those inside.

His dive partner managed to bring him out of the water, but Gunan did not regain consciousness.

According to the BBC, the Chiang Rai deputy governor said:

His job was to deliver oxygen. He did not have enough on his way back

PO Saman Gunan, thought to be 38-years-old, had left the navy, but returned to help with the rescue operation of the boys and their coach.

Gunan was part of a massive rescue operation by Thai officials, which was launched after the young boys and their coach became stranded in the Thai Luang cave, due to flooding

Thai Seal commander Rear Adm Arpakorn Yookongkaew told reporters:

Inside the cave is tough. On the way back from setting up oxygen bottles, Petty Officer First Class Gunan passed out.

His buddy tried to give him first aid, but he did not respond. We brought him to chamber three and gave him another round of first aid, but he remained unconscious. So we took him to the hospital.

He added how the search and rescue operation will continue:

I can guarantee that we will not panic, we will not stop our mission, we will not let the sacrifice of our friend go to waste.

Our thoughts are with the friends and family of Ryker, Alexey and Megan at this very difficult time.

If you have experienced a bereavement and would like to speak with someone in confidence contact Cruse Bereavement Care via their national helpline on 0808 808 167

If you have a story you want to tell, send it to UNILAD via [email protected]