Coroner Records Verdict Of Suicide In Death Of Young WAG

Remembering Faye-Victoria Howard/Facebook

The girlfriend of a former Manchester City footballer took her own life after she struggled to deal with a life-changing medical condition.

An inquest today heard that Faye Howard, 23, sent a final text to 22-year-old goalkeeper Billy O’Brien after she was left ’embarrassed’ and ‘feeling like a burden’ due to her bowel problem.

Howard was later found hanged from a tree at Dunham Massey Park near Altrincham after Mr O’Brien alerted the police when he received the message.

Remembering Faye-Victoria Howard//Facebook

The hearing, in Stockport, heard that Howard had developed ‘Pelvic Floor Dyssynergia’ after being prescribed Amitriptyline for her migraines, reports The Mirror.

The condition became quite debilitating and she was struggling to keep her job due to it.

In a statement former City youth team player Mr O’Brien, who now plays for Macclesfield Town, said:

I met Faye in 2015 via social media and things became quite serious quite quickly.

Whilst we were on holiday together she began to suffer from really bad stomach pains and constipation and she saw a doctor when we returned to the UK.

Over the months I think this began to take its toll on Faye, particularly as there was no sign of it improving.

In January 2016, I was sent to Scotland for work and initially Faye came with but could not find employment and moved back to Manchester and this put a strain on the relationship.

In May 2016, the problems got worse and she cancelled going on holiday because she was worried that she would bring me down.

Remembering Faye-Victoria Howard/Facebook

The statement continued:

It was clear that Faye was not in a good place and she said she felt like a burden. She decided to move out and go home where she would feel more comfortable.

It was very hard because we loved each other more than anything else in the world.

After that, she told me she was having thoughts about wrapping her car round a tree or putting tablets out on the table but she explained to me that she would not do it and that it was just a bad moment.

I had planned to see her that Friday on my return from Scotland for a meal. When she sent me those text messages on the 29th of June I knew they were serious and I called the police to express my concerns.

Remembering Faye-Victoria Howard//Facebook

The week before Faye’s death, she had been on a family holiday to Cyprus where she and Billy had a great holiday, however she had lost a lot of weight because she was not eating.

When Faye returned to work after the holiday, there was some tension with one of her managers who told her ‘I am not here to babysit you’, which upset her.

On the Wednesday she handed her notice in at work, and on Thursday she came downstairs with a black sports bag and said to her dad ‘I am sick of everything and everybody’, which was the last he saw of her.

Remembering Faye-Victoria Howard/Facebook

The coroner concluded that the incident was suicide and that she ‘found her condition very embarrassing and it caused problems with her job’.

Our thoughts are with her loved ones.