A woman from Stockport was physically sick after she discovered a decomposing frog in her salad at Nando’s.
Louise Rudd reported the incident in April after she ate at the franchise’s Parrs Wood location.
She had already finished most of her meal when the grim discovery was made, and suspects the fault lies with one of the Chicken restaurant’s suppliers.
As yet there has been no official statement from Lancashire based supplier Salads to Go, but Nando’s have commented on the incident.
A spokeswoman said:
We make every effort to ensure that our food is served to the highest standard.
We continue to work with all of our suppliers to ensure that they deliver to the quality and standards we expect.”
Louise has been compensated with restaurant vouchers, and will be taken on a tour of Salad to Go’s warehouse. Hardly the golden ticket.
There is nothing cheeky about that meal, and I’d be asking for supermarket vouchers and cooking my own food after an experience like that.
An NCTJ Journalist with an MA in Sports Journalism, Kieron is an experienced social media journalist who has worked in the industry since 2015. His experience includes work with ITN, the MEN, WISH/WIRE/TOWER FM, and 8:50 Sports Digest… not forgetting his time at ASDA.