A Frenchwoman has been seriously injured by an exploding whipped cream dispenser, less than a fortnight after an Instagram model was killed in a similar incident.
Heidi Dumotier, from Trémery in north-eastern France, was baking a dessert for her four-year-old daughter’s birthday on June 26 when the device exploded in her hands.
The cream dispenser exploded with such force, it left a 6 inch hole in the ceiling of the home Heidi shares with her family, and debris caught the mother in the leg.
Snack Time?? ______________________________________________________________Je mange en bien grandes quantités et pourtant, j'ai toujours faim?? Un vrai estomac sur pattes?______________________________________________________________Du coup je m'arrange pour me nourrir toutes les 2h30 environ (ce qui est bon pour moi ne s'applique pas à tout le monde bien sûr)? ______________________________________________________________Cette aprem, ce sera donc un shaker de whey @womensbest.fr + un fruit?+ quelques amandes??Bonne aprem à vous??☀️
Dumotier told local radio station, France Bleu:
I shake the bottle, and – boom – it explodes. It was terrible, the lid was gone and the bottle was lodged in the ceiling.
When I saw the 15cm hole that it made… If I had taken that to the head, I would have been finished.
At the time, I did not understand what was going on and did not feel anything. It was only when I saw the blood I realised.
The brand of the dispenser she was using has not been named, but a French consumer group has warned readers about explosions caused by faulty gas capsules, which have caused a range of injuries from broken teeth and tinnitus to multiple fractures and, in one case, the loss of an eye.
Sadly, for fitness blogger Rebecca Burger, the injuries she sustained in a similar ‘domestic accident’ proved fatal when debris from an exploding canister hit her in the chest and she suffered cardiac arrest.
Warning others of the dangers, her grieving family said:
This is an example of the cream siphon which exploded and hit Rebecca’s thorax, causing her death. The siphon which caused her death was sealed.
Don’t use this product in your homes! Tens of thousands of the faulty devices are already in circulation.
Voici un exemple de siphon à chantilly qui a explosé et percuté le thorax de Rebecca, entraînant son décès. Précision : le siphon qui a engendré sa mort quant à lui été mis sous scellé. N'utilisez pas ce genre d'ustensile chez vous ! Plusieurs dizaines de milliers d'appareils défectueux sont encore en circulation.
According to 60 Millions, the problem with the product has been prevalent for years.
However, it does not occur in any models made after 2015.
A former emo kid who talks too much about 8Chan meme culture, the Kardashian Klan, and how her smartphone is probably killing her. Francesca is a Cardiff University Journalism Masters grad who has done words for BBC, ELLE, The Debrief, DAZED, an art magazine you’ve never heard of and a feminist zine which never went to print.