Khabib Challenges Floyd Mayweather To Fight In Instagram Video

0 Shares
Khabib Nurmagomedov UFC 229PA

UFC hotshot Khabib Nurmagomedov has called out boxing veteran Floyd Mayweather after pummelling Conor McGregor inside four rounds. 

In what was billed as the biggest fight in the 25-year history of the company, Khabib caught Conor with a strong fist early in the second round sending McGregor to the floor.

The fight eventually came to an end in the fourth round when McGregor was forced into submission.

What followed was almost cinematic in its lairiness. Khabib, not so content with winning the scrap, proceeded to jump out of the Octagon and into McGregor’s camp. People from Khabib’s entourage then jumped into the Octagon and swung for McGregor who had been swinging a couple of arms at another member of the Russian’s team.

Regardless, the 30-year-old retained his UFC lightweight title (for the time being) and is setting his sights on Mayweather.

Standing beside Leonard Ellerbe, the CEO of Mayweather Promotions, he said:

Hey let’s go Floyd, we have to fight now. 50 and 0 versus 27 and 0, two guys that never lose. Let’s go, why not? Cause in the jungle only one king, only one king.

Of course I am the king. Because he [Mayweather] can not drop McGregor but I drop him easily.

Khabib Nurmagomedov jokingly threatens Dana WhiteKhabib Nurmagomedov/Instagram

Mayweather said, in response to Khabib’s post-fight behaviour:

I’m not too familiar with the guy McGregor was fighting, but I know the guy he was facing was undefeated. McGregor is a tough competitor but McGregor’s opponent jumped out of the ring and was fighting people in the crowd so, very unprofessional.

It’s going to be a huge fine I’m pretty sure because with my fight against Zab Judah, there was a crazy melee in the ring and a huge penalty – a huge fine. If I’m not mistaken, seven figures.

Not to me, but could have been to Zab Judah or my uncle Roger or even Leonard Ellerbe, so I know when a guy’s jumping out of the cage into the audience and fighting different people, the fine is going to be crazy.

View this post on Instagram

Look who I ran into at tonight’s fights in Russia.

A post shared by Leonard Ellerbe (@leonardellerbe) on

So judging by that, he won’t be going anywhere near the Russian anytime soon.

Following the furore at UFC 229, McGregor was been suspended by the UFC on ‘medical grounds’. As a result he will not be allowed any contact until October 28.

The official line on the UFC list of medical suspensions states: ‘Conor McGregor: Suspended until 6/11/18, no contact until 28/10/18.’

As is often the case in the fallout of a fight, McGregor issued a congratulatory message for his opponent, writing on his Twitter, ‘Good knock. Looking forward to the rematch.’

It was McGregor’s first fight back in the Octagon since a two-year hiatus from MMA, during which time he boxed Floyd Mayweather, losing by TKO in round 10 of their August 2017 bout.

If you have a story you want to tell send it to UNILAD via [email protected]