Other than hoverboards, drones were the must-have Christmas present this year.
And, while uncoordinated dads were falling off hoverboards and injuring themselves on Xmas morning, it appears overenthusiastic tech nuts were also busy crashing their drones.
Seriously, these things barely made it out of their box underneath the Christmas tree before they were smashed to pieces.
Within hours of the sun rising on December 25, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube users everywhere were revealing their tales of woe/hilarity of their inability to properly pilot their new present.
Let’s just say, for many, the fun really didn’t last long…
Pretty sure I just broke my drone. It's only been one day
— Zac Buckley (@TheBuckley79) December 26, 2015
My brother got a drone for Christmas and it flew up hit the ceiling and broke within seconds. Best Christmas ever
— Courtney Kennedy (@couken13) December 26, 2015
My brother got a drone, ran it into the wall and broke it. Then, he got a hover board, got on it and it broke 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
— Nina Hagen (@ninershagen) December 26, 2015
Neighbor got a new drone. Time from out of the box to dramatic crash: 5 minutes.
— Chuck Webster MD MS AI MS Industrial Engineering (@wareFLO) December 25, 2015
i flew a drone for 10 minutes and crashed it into MY ROOF TWO TIMES
— kay misses harry (@infinityandlou) December 25, 2015
my dad broke his new $500 drone already 😂
— kate (@kateschoberl) December 26, 2015
So how was everyone's Christmas? In less than 24 hours my son broke his drone. #goodtimes
— O'Boy! Organic (@oboyorganic) December 26, 2015
You may be thinking, “Hey, at least they were fun while they lasted” but, it turns out, even household pets and people’s own hair weren’t safe from the chaos of Christmas Day drone disasters…
As they say, it’s all fun and games until the drone gets caught in someone’s hair.
It’s a timely reminder that, not only are these things absolutely awful Christmas gifts, they’re also pretty dangerous.
So, be careful out there, and don’t try and fly one of these monstrosities after one too many mugs of mulled wine…