unilad
Advert
Advert
Advert
Advert

Boy Hospitalised After Trying Ridiculous New Viral Trend – Setting Yourself On Fire

by : UNILAD on : 15 Dec 2015 13:23
ytytYouTube

A schoolboy has been rushed to hospital after attempting the internet’s latest ridiculous craze – people setting themselves on fire.

Advert

Oliver Sharp, 11, was taken to Sheffield Children’s Hospital with scalding on his back so severe it required a skin graft, after he set his t-shirt on fire at his house, the Daily Star reported.

Metro News and FeaturesMetro News and FeaturesMetro News and Features

His mum, Sarah Sharp, said:

I was upstairs putting the washing out when Oliver’s sister, Lacey, came running to tell me that he was on fire. I ran downstairs to the utility room and started smacking his t-shirt to put it out.

He said that he lit his shirt once and managed to put it out but, when he lit the burnt area again, his shirt just went up in flames.

He is never in trouble. He is a brilliant little boy and I thought he had the brains not to do something like this.

Advert

Julie Baker, the manager of the burns unit ward at Sheffield Children’s Hospital, told the Daily Star: “Oliver’s clothing was flame retardant, but not flame proof – if you try hard enough to set fire to flame retardant clothing it will be set alight.”

yt2yt2YouTube

According to The Mirror the craze started in the U.S., with fatal results, after people started using nail polish remover and hand sanitiser to accelerate the flames.

Please don’t try this at home:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIYud0cd3KY

Setting yourself on fire on the internet, Jesus Christ…

Topics: Viral

Credits

Daily Star and 1 other
  1. Daily Star

    Schoolboy sets shirt on fire in horrifying new web craze

  2. The Mirror

    Boy aged 11 severely burned in deadly viral 'fire challenge' trend where kids set themselves alight