Mum Accidentally Photographs Moment Young Daughters Were Seconds From Death

0 Shares
Stacee CarterStacee Carter/Facebook

This is the terrifying moment a mum in Australia captured her daughters being seconds away from a potential death.

Stacee Carter, partner Jack, and their 16-month-old daughters, Ava and Isla, were enjoying a bushwalk in the Kings Billabong Park, Victoria, when they entered the vicinity of a brown snake.

Although unharmed, Carter later discovered through pictures she’d taken, just how close the young girls had come close to the venomous critter.

Stacee took to Facebook to warn other parents of the reptiles, (in a post which has now been removed) explaining:

Be careful down the billabong in Mildura or anywhere in general in the bush on this beautiful day.

We were just having lunch and going on a nice adventure – I was just in my own world playing and taking photos. Luckily jack was there (the calm one) and notified me which I just screamed and wanted to cry because this snake ended up between both the girls feet, luckily no one is hurt BUT MY GOD! [sic]

Makes me sick to my stomach, we are so thankful and blessed our babies are safe and home with us.

We had a guardian angel or two looking after them today.

Posted by Stacee Carter on Friday, 6 July 2018

The social media reaction was in support of Stacee and her two children.

One woman wrote:

It’s that season again and contrary to what people think they are often curious of noise and will go and check it out. Looks like this guy was on a mission, so glad you were all ok.

While another added:

Oh my god that is actually terrifying! Maybe it’s the hormones or my fear of snakes but it genuinely made me get all teary at the thought.

Posted by Stacee Carter on Wednesday, 22 August 2018

Just a few weeks back, another nice, innocent picture quickly turned into a ‘dicing with death’ situation, when Bianca Dickinson took a picture of her two year old daughter, Molly, in the Australian outback.

They were waiting for Molly’s two older siblings to get back from school in Kaniva, Victoria, when her mum decided to take a picture.

Everything seemed perfectly normal until a two-metre long brown snake appeared, just centimetres away from her daughter.

Talking to The Age, Mrs Dickinson said:

It was really windy. Then I looked up out of the camera to see where the bark went and saw a big mother of a snake.

I’m surprised it didn’t touch her, it was so close. I checked her for bite marks still.

Molly was pretty lucky as the eastern brown snake is regarded as the second most venomous terrestrial snake in the world, and has been credited with around 60 per cent of snake bite deaths in Australia.

Their venom is known to cause diarrhoea, dizziness, convulsions, renal failure, paralysis and cardiac arrest – any one of which sounds horrendous.

As mentioned before, Molly came out unscathed but her mother said ‘it was a good reminder how snakes are still active’.

Be careful out there, folks.

If you have a story you want to tell, send it to [email protected]